Drivers door power locks only unlock. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Drivers door power locks only unlock.
Friday, August 16, 2013 6:05 AM
Just hoping somebody has some insight into if I am on the right track. While driving through a "rough" neighborhood, I went to lock my two door Cavalier using the power lock switch on the drivers side. I noticed it only locked the passenger door. I tried unlocking and it does unlock both doors. Locking only locks the passenger side door. Even the key fob does the same thing. After a little research, I figure it is probably the power lock actuator on the drivers door that is failing. Is it usual for it to fail and only move one direction? One would think it would fail altogether.

Figure I will run to the wrecking yard later today or tomorrow and snag one off another Cavalier but in the meantime if you have any other ideas I am open to them!

Thanks again!

Re: Drivers door power locks only unlock.
Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:40 PM
Alright so it would seem I am chasing an electrical ghost through the car now. About an hour ago I left for a friends place and turned on the windshield wipers only to have it go up about 3 inches then stop and start making a noise like they were stuck. Got out and checked and nothing was blocking them. Got back in to turn car off until I could figure out what was wrong and voila it started to wipe normally and there wasn't an issue during the drive again. When I finally got to my friends place I went to lock the door manually, got out and hit the lock button on my remote to arm the car and voila, the door locks are fully functioning again. Ideas?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search