sound like a bad bcm??? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sound like a bad bcm???
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:00 PM
Hey all. I am working on my other 02 LSS, ajd am havibg some weird electrical issues. My headlights don't work, I turn them on with the switch and my drivers door unlocks with the actuator and stays like that and does not go back to nuetral until I turn off the headlights at the switch. Also my wipers do not work and when I try and use them they make a weird humming noise. Like there stuck but there not. Now I can put the car into drive and my drls turn on no problem and all my running lights and tail lights work fine. Now with this said I isolated the lock from the door by cutting the wire that had power to it but nothing changed. I also traced the wire back to the bcm and unplugged the connector and the door lock went back to nuetral. Now this is why I think a bad bsm is the issue. If I unplug the grey block from the bcm I hear it clicking, the bcm. But the headlights still do not come back on. I'm at a loss right now. I traced wires, and shook the harness where the column loom meets the grey connector and if there was a short in there it would have cleared up and went back. I don't know where the grounds are or i would check those also. So what do you guys think?? Any and all help would be appreciated!! I want to enjoy this car again but I won't be able to drive it at night or in the rain!! And that sucks!! Thanks everyone!!!!!

Re: sound like a bad bcm???
Friday, September 27, 2013 5:25 PM
Sounds like a bad grounding issue to me, not the BCM.
Re: sound like a bad bcm???
Friday, September 27, 2013 5:47 PM
That's what I thought too, but I pulled all the wires out of the door and the column and nothing is broken or missing. So the bcm is all that's left. Weird but it has to be. But I got a brand new bcm for 20 bucks so ill try that and see what happens

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search