Clutch not working at times? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch not working at times?
Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:06 PM
Hey guys. Recent issue with my 5spd '03 LSS. After I bought it months ago, the slave went on the fifth day I had it. Dealer fixed it and its been great. Now, when its been driven for awhile, normal daily occasions, it sometimes stiffens up just like a brake being pressed with the engine off. It gets stiff and will not let me engage into gear. This especially sucks when the car is off, can't start it. If it sits overnight, the next day it is fine and working. Resivour is full, and transaxle has fluid. What gives? Common issue? This really sucks as I am daily driving my truck now because of this.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Re: Clutch not working at times?
Friday, September 27, 2013 2:20 PM
It did it again today, drove only 15 stupid miles. Parked, came out to go somewhere else, hit the clutch to start, it was stiff. finally after pushing it a few times it worked. This is BS. Resivour is full, transaxle is full, no leaks anywhere.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:43 PM
Have you tried bleeding it?

Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:44 PM
DarrenWS6 wrote:Hey guys. Recent issue with my 5spd '03 LSS. After I bought it months ago, the slave went on the fifth day I had it. Dealer fixed it and its been great. Now, when its been driven for awhile, normal daily occasions, it sometimes stiffens up just like a brake being pressed with the engine off. It gets stiff and will not let me engage into gear. This especially sucks when the car is off, can't start it. If it sits overnight, the next day it is fine and working. Resivour is full, and transaxle has fluid. What gives? Common issue? This really sucks as I am daily driving my truck now because of this.

Just had the same thing happen when I was at the drag strip. I replaced the clutch master cylinder...problem solved

dennis
Sunday, September 29, 2013 5:54 AM
Weebel wrote:Have you tried bleeding it?

I have been suggested that but don't know where the bleeder valve is. If it is the same method as bleeding brakes then it shouldn't be too bad.

Friday, October 11, 2013 8:34 PM
MasterFlight wrote:
DarrenWS6 wrote:Hey guys. Recent issue with my 5spd '03 LSS. After I bought it months ago, the slave went on the fifth day I had it. Dealer fixed it and its been great. Now, when its been driven for awhile, normal daily occasions, it sometimes stiffens up just like a brake being pressed with the engine off. It gets stiff and will not let me engage into gear. This especially sucks when the car is off, can't start it. If it sits overnight, the next day it is fine and working. Resivour is full, and transaxle has fluid. What gives? Common issue? This really sucks as I am daily driving my truck now because of this.

Just had the same thing happen when I was at the drag strip. I replaced the clutch master cylinder...problem solved

dennis

Yep thats what it was, shifts great now, $380.00 less in the wallet now though... Guess thats life.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:52 AM
Woah $380! I just ordered the master with the line for $114 shipped! Its pretty easy to install takes maybe 30 min...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search