How many chassis grease fittings on 2005 Cavalier? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How many chassis grease fittings on 2005 Cavalier?
Wednesday, October 02, 2013 6:38 PM
Haynes manual is no help.

I have looked and looked at the steering and front suspension and can only find grease fittings at the tie-rod ends. I am not able to see a grease fitting for the ball joint although there is a rubber boot there. I did not take the wheel off so it is possible that I may have missed something.

I saw no fittings at all in the rear suspension.

Is there anyone who is familiar enough with this model to be able to confirm or deny that the only grease fittings on the car are at the tie-rod ends?

Thanks in advance...

Re: How many chassis grease fittings on 2005 Cavalier?
Wednesday, October 02, 2013 6:43 PM
Pretty sure that's all there is.
There isn't any on the rear.
On the front, yeah tie rod ends. Ball joints are sealed. That's it I think.

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 9:25 PM
these are cars that were designed to be driven to almost 100k miles and thrown away, in 1993 or before (i say this because the first of the third gens rolled out in late 94 as 95MY cars). longevity was not the concern. you want to grease things? replace your chassis parts with MOOG pieces. they're all greasable. otherwise, drive it till the wheels fall off.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, October 04, 2013 2:47 PM
OK, thanks guys for your replies.

Things change. I am not an expert, but it seems to me that suspension systems have become simpler, having fewer parts, while many other systems in a car have become more complex. And the Haynes manual used to tell you where the grease fittings were, but the manual for this model does not.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search