2.2 misfire New icm/coilpack - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 misfire New icm/coilpack
Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:32 PM
All happened about 2 days ago i was at a light and the car died... started it back up and drove fine. now today after work started my car (04 cavi) and started misfire (seems like only one cylinder but could be wrong) turn the car off started it again ran fine. drove it home then removed the ICM (only has about 8k on it along with the coil pack boots and springs/plugs) and returned it to AZ got a seconded ICM put it on seemed ok untill about 5 miles later. stalled at a light started missing again. drove it for about 1/2 mile and it stoped missing my problem seems intermittent any input would be great!

Thanks Ed

Re: 2.2 misfire New icm/coilpack
Friday, September 27, 2013 5:37 PM
anyone?

Friday, September 27, 2013 7:51 PM
fuel pressure?
Friday, September 27, 2013 8:58 PM
Fuel pump most likely. Could be the fuel filter too but I doubt it.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, September 27, 2013 11:56 PM
What spark plugs are you running?

Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:00 PM
Forgot to mention fuel pumped changed about 300 miles ago. Could it be my battery/alternator from the subs maybe?

Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:41 PM
Edward Trainor wrote:Forgot to mention fuel pumped changed about 300 miles ago. Could it be my battery/alternator from the subs maybe?

you'd need a voltmeter on the pump. easy way is to just disconnect the subs and see if it improves.
dennis
Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:53 PM
Cheesecake wrote:What spark plugs are you running?

Bosch been running the same kind if plugs for 2 years without any issues.

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:26 PM
Ok so took the car to goodyear (112 $ diagnoses charge) they r now telling me it the coil pack and Icm that I just changed 4 days ago. They told me auto zone parts r @!#$ basically. Does this sound right or r they blowing smoke?

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 4:21 PM
Autozone parts are @!#$, 3 ignitors in 3 weeks in my car, then they wouldn't warranty it anymore.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Wednesday, October 02, 2013 9:12 PM
We'll luckily I have my oem coil pack that's hasn't gone bad( thought it was before doing research and finding out the Icm was bad) so I'm going to put it on and hopefully that works with the az Icm.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search