No blower motor speeds work; and headlight problem - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No blower motor speeds work; and headlight problem
Sunday, October 06, 2013 6:39 PM
1998 Cavalier Z24. I checked every fuse on the car, and they're all good. swapped the "blower" relay under the hood with the ABS relay, and still nothing. I changed the blower motor, still nothing. Changed the blower motor resistor, still nothing, so i put the same resistor back in. i switched out the "switch" that the blower speed knob goes on in the heater controls, and still nothing. When i turn the knob to the cycle option, the A/C light turns on as it should, so they're is power going to it. The back lights don't work, so you cant see the controls in the dark though. Anything else i should try?

And for my headlight problem, the DRL's turn on when my key is in the ACC and ON position. Dont know if that's normal or not, but i'm disabling them anyways, so i don't care Not sure if i disable the DRL's, my problem will go away or not though. Sounds like the problem is more than just a short in a wire, but i could be wrong. The high beams indicator on the cluster doesn't turn on either.
When the key is in the ON position, both DRL's work. But when i turn my headlights on, on high beam, only my passenger side high beam works. And when i turn on my low beams, my low beams, and DRL/high beams are all on together.
When the key is in the off position, the high beams, and low beams work fine.

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search