2004 caviler issues - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2004 caviler issues
Sunday, October 06, 2013 8:04 PM
For a little while now, I have been having issues with my caviler. While driving the the speedo jumps and the transmission feels it is jumping around. It was in the shop and they though it was a speedo sensor, then the computer, now they think the transmission is bad.. Not sure if i should believe them. Seemed they were just throwing parts at it. they had it a little over a week.

Any help would be great. car is a 2004 chevy cavilier, 2.2 auto.

Re: 2004 caviler issues
Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:54 PM
Did the shop replace the VSS on the transmission?
Sunday, December 15, 2013 7:07 PM
Falcon 2.4 wrote:Did the shop replace the VSS on the transmission?

Yes they changed the speed sensor. A local transmission shop mentioned to change the throttle position sensor. Any way that could be cause problems like this?
Monday, December 16, 2013 4:59 AM
It can cause some problems but this seems like a slipping transmission. Go out and buy a bottle of lucas oil transmission stuff and toss it in. That stuff if miracle fluid.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, January 01, 2014 6:20 AM
I am having the same problem. My 04 will shutter at different speeds feeling like the engine ais cutting out for one or two rotations. It happenes when the engine is up to temperature, while driving between 40 and 60mph, and usually under load. I have changed out my TPS and that did not help. I do not think it is transmission slipping because it happens in every gear, and the tach drops down not up.

Any input

Cb
Wednesday, January 01, 2014 9:01 AM
Coil pack and icm!

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search