97 Cavalier Interesting Starting Issue *Video* - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97 Cavalier Interesting Starting Issue *Video*
Wednesday, October 09, 2013 7:38 PM
So, side note I typed this then the form refreshed on me. Well here we go with round 2 >.<*

My coworker came to me for advice on why her car wasn't starting right away. She described the symptoms of a starter going out. She went to Autozone and got a starter (before she let me look at the car). While she was there the "Old man who used to work in a shop" told her it sounded like the teeth on the flex plate are broken/missing/gone. So she also bought a flex plate.

When she finally brought the car to me I had her shut it off and turn it back on. That's when I heard a loud whining noise coming from the starters general vicinity. I haven't come across this whining noise before. I've searched the forums but didn't find what I'm experiencing. I took a video to help identify wtf this problem is.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fQ0Q3FnSpkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As always any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: 97 Cavalier Interesting Starting Issue *Video*
Wednesday, October 09, 2013 7:47 PM
Hmm.. Apparently I linked the video incorrectly. Here is the URL to the Youtube video. It's been awhile since I've posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0Q3FnSpkc
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search