GearBox, Heating & A/C Lights Are Not Lighting Up - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GearBox, Heating & A/C Lights Are Not Lighting Up
Friday, October 11, 2013 10:39 AM
Hello everybody,

SIckest Forums for J-Bodies I've seen so far. There is a lot to learn on these forums. Anyway, I have a 2001 Cavalier (2-Door Base) Coupe and my Gearbox (P, R, N, D, 3, 2, 1), Heating & Air Conditioning Displays are NOT illuminating at all. I've checked the fuses and everything is okay. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Infamous Ob

Re: GearBox, Heating & A/C Lights Are Not Lighting Up
Friday, October 11, 2013 10:47 AM
So nothing but the radio lights up?

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Friday, October 11, 2013 11:22 AM
Oedwards wrote:So nothing but the radio lights up?

Yes. The Instrument cluster and radio lights up...weird. Any ideas Oedwards?
Friday, October 11, 2013 12:21 PM
The lights are burnt out then. My first Cavalier I bought it and they were burnt out. The HVAC ones were a pain in the ass cuz they are like moulded into the connector it sits in. I had to cut em out sorta. I replaced mine with blue LEDs anyway. The bulb is a 194 bulb if I do recall. As far as the gearbox light, I would have no clue, as I've only drove standard, but it's probably the same thing.

I have a picture of the HVAC lighting socket harness thingy.
Attachments
image.jpg (1553k)

Friday, October 11, 2013 2:23 PM
Andrew Cramer wrote:The lights are burnt out then. My first Cavalier I bought it and they were burnt out. The HVAC ones were a pain in the ass cuz they are like moulded into the connector it sits in. I had to cut em out sorta. I replaced mine with blue LEDs anyway. The bulb is a 194 bulb if I do recall. As far as the gearbox light, I would have no clue, as I've only drove standard, but it's probably the same thing.

I have a picture of the HVAC lighting socket harness thingy.

Thanks for your feedback Andrew. I hope mine are not a hassle to repair. I was thinking about maybe adding a few LED's in there with a toggle switch and I can turn them on whenever I want. Thanks for the picture also. I guess I'm going to have to get in my dashboard and see what's going on in there...lol
Friday, October 11, 2013 3:44 PM
It'd be odd for all the HVAC lights to go out at the same time. As far as gear box lights, are you talking about the letters/numbers near the shifter? I'm 99% sure I don't have lights on my gear box on neither my 97 or 00. Not sure if it was added in 01 but mine glow in the dark. Or are you talking about on the gauge panel?
Friday, October 11, 2013 5:26 PM
Falcon 2.4 wrote:It'd be odd for all the HVAC lights to go out at the same time. As far as gear box lights, are you talking about the letters/numbers near the shifter? I'm 99% sure I don't have lights on my gear box on neither my 97 or 00. Not sure if it was added in 01 but mine glow in the dark. Or are you talking about on the gauge panel?

All of my HVAC lights are out except the Green A/C Light and the Amber Defrost Light. None of my letters for my gearbox work at all. At night or in the early mornings, I have to use my Dome light to select the proper gear or use my phone's light or feel for the gears...lol I have not tried to repair this problem yet, but I'm looking to see if it's a common issue or is there something I'm possibly overlooking when I diagnose the issue in my vehicle. I've checked my Fuses and they are all good. Any input is gladly appreciated. Thanks.

-Infamous Ob
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search