cavalier throttle problems - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cavalier throttle problems
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:53 PM
i bought an 05 cavi 2.2 a few months ago, it was wrecked, the tranny broke were the axle shaft goes in on passenger side, i pulled motor and tranny , fixed the damaged section of the car put another engine cradle in and swapped the trans, got it back together started it up and it idles fine, but as soon as you give it some gas (let the air flap open in the throttle body) it stalls out quickly like its getting too much air. it ran fine before removal, the tps is broken on the car which made me almost 100 % sure that was the problem, but it was broke before and ran fine, and i have and older sunfire, i unplugged the tps and it didnt affect it any, so my question is what would cause this? also if one of u guys could unplug your tps and see if it trys to stall when you press the gas pedal that would be like great haha, but thanks for any support/help

Re: cavalier throttle problems
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:31 PM
I have never tried to run my car with the TPS unhooked, nor am I about to try. How would your car know how much fuel to add with to TPS feedback? That is one of 2 primary fueling requirements for our computers. Try replacing it if it is broke and go from there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search