Engine wiring harness swap; Canister Purge Valve - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine wiring harness swap; Canister Purge Valve
Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:48 PM
Bought a 99 sunfire gt engine wire harness for my 96 z24 because I want a tunable computer for later. Chose 99 because of limitation in the junkyards and a couple other reasons like already programed pcm. Couple of sensors needed upgraded, other than that no issue except for the canister purge valve. In the 99's canister is by the tank, in the 96's it by the pcm. I can't have my check engine light on because I live in maryland and have to get emissions done on my car. Has anyone ran into and sloved this problem? I was thinking of asking a local mechcanic for a pin out of the pcm and maybe splicing the wires right before the pcm. Any sugguestions?

Re: Engine wiring harness swap; Canister Purge Valve
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:12 AM
If anyone else is thinking about upgrading to the 99 harness whither it be for a egr delete or tunable pcm I found out that the White is the ground (obliviously because it goes to the pcm) wire for the canister vent solenoid goes to pin 58 (white wire) on the pcm. The pink wire is the 12 supply but to exclude an insufficient flow code, should be connected to the pink wire coming off the canister purge solenoid (above the alternator on mine). This wire goes to torque convertor solenoid or ERLS fuse. The only other things i founds to be different and could be changed over with little to no modifications were: Fuel injector connectors, knock sensor, oil pressure switch, up stream oxygen sensor and used the start relay and harness from 96.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search