P1441 evap code 2003 Cavalier - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
P1441 evap code 2003 Cavalier
Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:05 PM
Hi,

I have a 2003 Cavalier 2.2L ecotec low mileage. Engine light came on. P1441 is Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Flow During Non-Purge.

Over 1 month ago the light came on for the same P1441 code. I had it Cleared & engine light never came back till now. It might be a fuel cap, possibly evap canister purge solenoid.

A few days ago when the car was idling in the underground parking I could hear a faint whistling sound. Opened the hood & found it coming from the vent hole in the top of evap purge canister ? Putting my thumb over the hole stopped it.

Is there any way to test if the canister is working properly ?

Re: P1441 evap code 2003 Cavalier
Saturday, November 02, 2013 8:02 PM
Never mind, I fixed it. Changed both the evap canister solenoid & gas cap with AC Delco oem parts.

Then disconnected the positive & negative battery cables for 15 + minutes. Reconnected cables & started the engine. The engine trouble light turned off.
Re: P1441 evap code 2003 Cavalier
Friday, November 08, 2013 11:42 PM
Well I spoke too soon.

The light is still on. Replaced vent valve solenoid on top of purge solenoid & gas cap. Chaecked the canister below the fuel tank & vacuum lines. No carbon deposits & no cracks/holes.

Fuel economy has gone down with the engine light on P1441. I've read it could be Fuel pressure sensor located in the gas tank. Any ideas ?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search