Hesitant to accelerate - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hesitant to accelerate
Monday, November 04, 2013 9:03 PM
Hi, after I completed my Eco swap with a Saab turbo I have been having some accelerating issues. There is no charge pipe connected or a filter to the TB and the wastegate is tied open. If I try to accelerate at WOT the car will accelerate to say 3,000 rpms then it will feel like I lifted off the pedal for 500 or so rpms then it will take off again. It keeps doing this. Engine and trans are from a 2004 car is a 2000. My profileis up to date with everything. I think it might be the TPS.

Thanks

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Re: Hesitant to accelerate
Tuesday, November 05, 2013 6:42 PM
Ok. So after messing with the TPS, it goes from 11-85% when it's on the car. If I take it off the car my scanner says it goes from 0-100. Not sure if this is normal. I read a post of others having this issue. I only get a code now for high idle rpm. I al I can rev to 6500 rpms but still get a random powerless. Today I was able to go to 4500 in 3rd then it lost some power till 5,000, then pulled hard again. This is such a strange issue. It's like the car falls out of the power band then fumes back into it. It's doing it in every gear.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search