Trunk Release not working.... Hear a click - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trunk Release not working.... Hear a click
Friday, November 08, 2013 8:02 AM
I have been having an issue with my trunk release. It is a 2004 cav. When I press my button on the dash, I hear a click from under the dash and nothing. I just took apart the module in the trunk and nothing is frozen. the motor for it works as I can hook it up and it will turn with no problem. It just seems to not be getting power when the button is pressed. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Trunk Release not working.... Hear a click
Friday, November 08, 2013 1:24 PM
The click your hear is the relay firing. Is the rear release functioning at all if you have someone hit the button?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, November 08, 2013 4:52 PM
Probably the fuse blew. Check it. I had this issue and it took me 6 months of wasting my time trying to trouble shoot it to find out the fuse had a tiny crack in it.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Friday, November 08, 2013 8:46 PM
On my 1996 for a few years when I pushed the remote trunk release button on the key fob, I'd hear a click coming from the relay in the trunk but it wouldn't actually release the latch but maybe 1 out of 15 tries. I tried spraying the latch with WD-40 but that didn't work. When I ran a pair of long wires from my wife's 1996 Cav's relay to my latch it didn't work but when I ran a pair of wires from my relay to my wife's latch it did work, so I determined that it was in fact the latch. But the latch and its built-in solenoid are riveted on so I put it on that job on the back burner. The about a year later it started working again. (Not sure why. Maybe the WD040 sank in.)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search