temp hand help? asap taking a long trip in the morning - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
temp hand help? asap taking a long trip in the morning
Saturday, November 09, 2013 3:37 PM
my car is 2.2 eco 05 cavi auto, i just rebuilt it it was totaled, pulled motor, swapped trans and engine cradle, and alot of other little parts you deal with with a wreck, now the problem, everything works pretty good on the car, except the temp hand (which is the most aggrevating thing haha) it is right now all the way past 260 and dropped down to about a 6 o'clock position...... grrr.... but i have found that if i turn the key to the acc position all the gauges jump a little, if i repeatedly cycle the key between acc and start (just before the starter engages and let off i can get the gauge to move back to its original position, then if i cut the key off and start the car the temp hand will work normally for a while. if i let it sit on acc for just a sec it wil jump up to about 190 (even if the car hasnt been started all night)

i have cleaned my grounds, tried wiggling the wires to check for a short with no luck. i dont think the sensor is bad seeing as it works when i do what i said above, also it did this on 2 gauge clusters....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search