Neeed Electrical Help! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Neeed Electrical Help!
Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:48 AM
Okay, i have a 96 Cavalier and all of the my dash warning lights constantly stay on, including the theft system. Also it seems when i shift up or down my radio and headlights short out for a split second and then come back on. Ive checked the battery terminals and there find, checked all the fuses in the fuse box and the radio fuse. Its not a Factory radio. I thought it was maybe a bad ground but i looked up the ground points and could only find two and they were both fine..I need some help if anyone knows anything that might be causing this or has something like this happening to them. Pleeease help me, i just want to listen to the radio in peeeeace!

Re: Neeed Electrical Help!
Wednesday, November 06, 2013 11:36 AM
Sometimes when an alternator starts to go strange things like this happen. Though, I gotta say this sounds like a bad ground. I once had weird HVAC trouble that turned out to be a bad ground on one of the transmission bell housing bolts. How about the ground on the battery tray? That one is notorious for getting crusty.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:22 PM
I checked the one on the battery tray, but not the one on the trany bell housing, ill try that. All of my lights on my dash stay on too would that be a ground problem too?
Saturday, November 09, 2013 11:58 PM
Has the problem started immediately after putting in the aftermarket radio? If so are all wires spliced or is a clip/ adapter involved?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search