Rough idle 96 ld9 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rough idle 96 ld9
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:20 PM
Hello friends,

I have a boosted 96 ld9 with:

Big 16g
Evo injectors
Fpr
Msd coil conversion and 6a's amplifiers
Platinum spark plugs
3 inch catback
Tunned with afc since i have 3 plug ecu..
And some other things that does not really affect the engine performance overall such :

Pulleys
Catback
Bigger radiator
Racing fans

Lately i have been having rough idle and surge when i accelerate the car.. I have changed the iac also the map sensor but still no changes..

The only thing i removed was the canister to reduce weight... I read something about te evap sensor.. But i dont know now if by removing the canister is because im having this problem..

Please help and thanks in advance

Re: Rough idle 96 ld9
Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:12 AM
Bump!
Friday, November 15, 2013 3:02 PM
ANYONE THAT BOTHERS TO HELP ?
Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:17 PM
"Lately i have been having rough idle and surge when i accelerate the car.. I have changed the iac also the map sensor but still no changes..

The only thing i removed was the canister to reduce weight... I read something about te evap sensor.. But i dont know now if by removing the canister is because im having this problem"

I would check the coil pack to spark plugs. Check all plug wires for fraying, arcing at spark plug. Remove the cap and rotor. Look for cracks or carbon. Any vacuum leaks ?
Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:31 PM
I dont have the oem coil packs, i did the msd coil tower conversion.
The only thing i have hanging around one side of the engine bay is the line that comes from the fuel tank that goes into the canister..

Thanks..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search