96 cavalier brake line - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
96 cavalier brake line
Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:07 PM
ok. brake line to right front is spraying. (metal line) Plan to run line all the way from the ABS unit. which one of the 4 lines there is for the right front wheel. it's a 96 cavalier coupe. with a 2200 V4 engine and an automatic transmission. thanks

Re: 96 cavalier brake line
Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:19 PM
Two suggestions there.Go to your local dealer since most auto stores do not carry pre-fit hard lines (in most cases).Next is you can either remove the the line that is damaged and measure with a string with every bend this does matter and then go to napa and buy a new hardline.The hardlines have various end fittings so take the old one,to match.You will need to buy a brake bending tool about 18.00 on recall and bend the line yourself to match the old part.I have done hardlines and it pays to buy 2 in case you goof the 1st one.I realize this may not be the idea you have but,either the dealer and pay for the pre-bent line or go to napa and they have a cart with nothing but brake lines in various sizes like 3/16 etc in thickness and the ends do vary based on size and style.Granted the brake bending tool is something you really have to learn to use,and it takes TIME to get the right bend.Hope this helps unless someone else throws out the part info or what I just said.I have done rear axles and even short lines like from a hose to a metal hardline to a wheel cylinder and not hard,just takes some finess to get it close or exact no rubbing or pinches in the line on the bends and test fit,install.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search