2.4L Head gasket replacement - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4L Head gasket replacement
Friday, December 06, 2013 3:27 PM
I have 295,000 on her now (2001 z24) ...still strong as ever. other day developed the slightest head gasket leak....never overheated this car...coolant is leaking from it by a drip ever little bit. Me and my buddy are about to tackle this job, Any pointers anyone know about from doing this that may help us? And do you think reusing the head bolts are a problem? Ill probably replace them anyways cause I like my sh** right.

And how about torque specs?

Thanks!

Re: 2.4L Head gasket replacement
Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:39 PM
When replacing a head gasket you always have to replace the bolts as they are torque to yield and therefore stretch when installed. Trust me from my own experience you can't reuse them.
Re: 2.4L Head gasket replacement
Thursday, January 02, 2014 7:07 PM
A lot of specs are right here

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=479016&t=374496#479016

Use the search box, lots of good info and pointers on here. Follow the steps, check your work twice. Replace everything you can afford to while you have it apart, especially the timing chain, tensioner, guides and water pump. Helluva lot easier to do it while it's apart the one time!!!

Best of all, have fun,learn something, don't stress, ask questions. Plenty of help here but you have to ask for it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search