strange dashboard light meaning - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
strange dashboard light meaning
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:05 PM
hello everybody, i have a 98 cavalier and i've notice a light blinking in the dashboard that looks like the high beam but is yellow.

i want to know the meaning of this blinking light please

here is the picture of the blinking light

Re: strange dashboard light meaning
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:26 PM
If it keeps blinking your drl ( daylight running lights) are not operational. Usually cause by a bad relay behind the bumper but could also be something else.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:16 AM
Rob Dotterer wrote:Usually cause by a bad relay behind the bumper but could also be something else.

Actually it's in the fuse box in the I/P.

But yeah it's either a bad relay or one or both bulbs are out. But it basically means that the IPC is not seeing a load from the high beam headlight circuit. Here's a wiring diagram:

(The picture will not load in Chrome because of something with ALLDATA. But it will load in other browsers.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:19 AM

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Sunday, March 02, 2014 6:47 AM
GM also had a problem with the forward light harness in the Cavaliers from 95-01. The problem was corrosion at the splices and the service manual isn't exact or where the splices are. If you haven't found the problem before now, remove the harness and rip it apart, or replace it with a new one. However, last I investigated the price, a new one was around $700 USD.

Some people have brain storms, others light drizzles. And then there are those that have droughts.
Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:29 AM
Are the daytime lights working? Mine did that, (flashed maybe five times at startup) lights did not work. Turned out to be bad bulb.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search