Replacing shifter linkage - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replacing shifter linkage
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:11 PM
I have a 95 cavi 2.2l and I need to replace the shifter linkage because the connecting point snapped off. Any idea how difficult this is to replace?

Re: Replacing shifter linkage
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:36 PM
I see yours is an automatic. The manual shifter cables are hard to find. If you have a 4 speed automatic, I have a cable sitting on the shelf out of a 2000 Z24.
dennis
Monday, April 07, 2014 8:36 AM
Don't bother replacing the cable if just the plastic end that connect to the transmission broke off. It's too expensive and difficult. I went here: http://www.atfspeed.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21_210&zenid=balbmna86m6q0a8gh9ov0du680 and bought a replacement bushing. You just need to grind off the plastic top of the shift linkage so you end up with basically a plastic ring on the end, and then you can slip one of these replacement bushings in and snap it back on to the transmission. Really easy and way cheaper too.
Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:34 PM
Thx for link and post, My cavi is same way but I used a zip tie for now because I didn't want to hassle of putting a new one on. I will be ordering this on payday.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search