Is it the weather? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is it the weather?
Monday, January 06, 2014 6:16 PM
So around three times today, stopped at a stop light waiting to turn right, and when I go, the 'low trac' light came on, but the wheels weren't spinning and the RPM doesn't increase when I press the pedal, but when I do press the pedal, it drops from 1,300 RPM to 900 RPM...so after it wouldn't go for 2 minutes, I got pissed off and pressed the throttle as hard I can, and then it was back to normal. I did it because there was cars behind me, honking away. I drove this thing in the winter before, perfectly normal until now. No CEL showed up or anything.

Re: Is it the weather?
Monday, January 06, 2014 6:55 PM
Was it icey? even if it's just cold, all season tires start to lose their grip at 7* Celsius/ 44.6* Fahrenheit(not sure if you have those or winter tires), probably traction control kicking in? I don't have traction control on any of my cars(and if I did, it would be disabled) but if it is as sensitive as our ABS is on our cars, I can see it kicking in when there is light traction and it doesn't need to.... If this hasn't happened before maybe a sensor is acting up and causing it to be "too sensitive"????

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Monday, January 06, 2014 7:11 PM
It wasn't quite icey, just snowy. I know when my tires is spinning, but it wasn't spinning today when the low trac light came on. And it is indeed all season tires, Mastercraft is the brand I think. And I know my car has traction control, when I use the ebrake, it'll say "trac off" but is there a way to disable it? Pretty irritating when you're trying to go and the car is preventing you.
Monday, January 06, 2014 7:40 PM
pull the ebrake up one or two clicks? trac off light comes on, you put in aftermarket deck so no ding ding ding noise using ebrake while driving. This is not the proper way of doing it and not sure if it will work but it should? There might be a fuse or something you could pull too but not sure.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 3:33 AM
It's disabled in D1 and D2 I believe.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Tuesday, January 07, 2014 3:46 AM
Yep D1 and D2 it disables and as well as one click up on the e-brake.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search