help!!!! slow acceleration - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help!!!! slow acceleration
Sunday, January 12, 2014 1:25 AM
I have a 2000 cavalier z24 std and im having problems when I try to accelerate In first gear, it starts real slow and once its going at a good speed its fine but when I try to accelerate full throttle it accelerates but not at full speed like it should be... what could be wrong??

Re: help!!!! slow acceleration
Sunday, January 12, 2014 3:42 AM
Does it make any noise? Does your rpms rise but speed doesn't? More details please

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Sunday, January 12, 2014 8:24 AM
no there's no noise at all just normal sound and the rpm goes up together with the speed..... even if I try to do a burn out instead to going out at full speed it starts real slow....
Monday, January 13, 2014 8:15 AM
A clutch issue?
Monday, January 13, 2014 8:21 AM
Chris Buchter wrote:A clutch issue?
sounds like it

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Monday, January 13, 2014 10:35 AM
every other gear, it accelerates normal? There's not much info to go on but if that's the case, it may be the clutch. when you say you try doing a burn out, do the tires spin? does the rpm go up and speed doesn't?

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Monday, January 13, 2014 11:03 AM
Sounds like you should look into your clutch, it sounds like it's slipping

Monday, January 13, 2014 11:34 PM
Imo that points to the clutch slipping as said above.I want ask the mileage but figure with the age it is over a 100k and clutch wear depends on a variety of things,driver use,conditions etc.Tired I am done.IF you have this done do a full clutch kit,resurface flywheel,replace slave cylinder and suggest doing the rear main seal at the same time.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:50 AM
Every time I try to do a burn out no the tires don't spin....
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:52 AM
Thanks I will try to change the clutch will keep u guys updated. ......
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:47 AM
kanno15 wrote:Thanks I will try to change the clutch will keep u guys updated. ......
yeah just make sure you change everything, disc, slave, pressure, main seal.. Idk what motor you have but there's a good spec flywheel on the classifieds for a 2.4

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search