Alternator Not Charging - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alternator Not Charging
Saturday, January 18, 2014 8:56 AM
I took my car to the mechanic today to look at my alternator because it had a low output charging issue after replacing a new one not to long ago. But today my alternator all together stopped charging altogether. He said my alternator had no output at all and tested the fuses in the power distribution box coming back with all those fuses working fine. So he tested the clip plug going to the alternator and said there was no signal for it to start charging. I do not have much mechanical experience but do believe he said it leads to the ignition switch and there may be a bad fuse there? Anyways he told me to schedule an appointment because he needed more time to figure it out. Has anyone else experienced problems with this or know what the problem may be? I have a couple of days to try to figure it out since he was booked till Wednesday.

Re: Alternator Not Charging
Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:50 PM
I am not 3rd gen fluent on the wiring setup.But you might want to share with us your cars specs like year,model,engine this will help to better diagnose the problem.I wish I could help more and I do understand electrical systems but without the information needed above it makes it tough to make recommendations.Ok

Re: Alternator Not Charging
Sunday, January 19, 2014 5:17 PM
Ron Love wrote:I am not 3rd gen fluent on the wiring setup.But you might want to share with us your cars specs like year,model,engine this will help to better diagnose the problem.I wish I could help more and I do understand electrical systems but without the information needed above it makes it tough to make recommendations.Ok

It's a 2001 cavalier coupe 2.2 base.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search