bad map sensor signal wire. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bad map sensor signal wire.
Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:00 PM
Anyone else had the same problem? Just wondering if there is a spot that usually goes bad. If I move the wire while the car is running it almost dies, or dies. Its a 96 z24 with a 2.4.

Re: bad map sensor signal wire.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:44 AM
anyone. i really dont wanna have to run a new wire in place of the old one. its a huge PITA!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:33 AM
It may be right at the plug. My abs wire just pulled right out of the plug so I snipped it and found a plug+pigtail at the yard and soldered it in. Of course, the abs stuff moves around with the wheel so that's probably why it broke there.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, February 02, 2014 10:30 PM
Yea that's the first place I checked and its not there. Its farther down. Which sux! Just wasn't sure if it was a common thing. And had a common spot for it to go bad.

Monday, February 03, 2014 1:59 PM
I second Y3llow. I have a 96 and just pulled the harness out. the car has over 200K and the harness looks rough. a lot of the wires dont have any insulation around them at the connector (i assume because of heat), but never had a issue with the map
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 6:49 PM
check your 5v reference, remember to use the ground within the connector. if its not present you have to find the failure. The 5 volts is spoon fed by the PCM to a few difference sensors. I had this issue and it was the a/c pressure transducer that had shorted , it was stealing the 5v from the MAP. I would have never found this without the GM flow sheets. When i unplugged the a/c transducer the car ran fine, lol.
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:52 PM
That is what the problem. As stated in the title. But it is the wire. If I wiggle the wire it sputters to the point where it almost dies. And it only happens when I hit a bump. Or when reving high and sometimes when I shift. Basically whenever the wire is moved from either bad road or engine rocking. Just where the partial break is is the problem.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search