Horn Problems - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Horn Problems
Friday, February 28, 2014 12:32 PM
Awhile back I was having problems with my headlight switch lever so I got a new one (from 1AA auto.) I had it installed by a local repair shop ...after installing it, they they said there wasn't something setting right with the way the lever was. As I was driving home, I found that the horn stopped working.....however, it would work when I was turning (very odd.) so i brought it back to the place, assuming they broke something when they took the steering whee columnl apart. They then claimed it was something further in column so it couldn't have been them who did it so they tried to charge me after they "fixed" the horn....I told them that they already told me it was something they did and I shouldn't be charged...finally they agreed....then, on the way home, I found that horn STILL doesn't work ......I'm not going to bring it back to that same place again, and want to bring it somewhere else, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea on what might be causing it so I can try to fix it myself.

Re: Horn Problems
Saturday, May 31, 2014 9:04 AM
Anyone?
Re: Horn Problems
Saturday, May 31, 2014 2:38 PM
Probably a wire was left disconnected or they forgot to disconnect it and pulled the steering wheel off and broke it and however it's "fixed" only completes the circuit while you're turning. I don't know if it could be clockspring related though.

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search