A/C help needed - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A/C help needed
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:04 PM
Hello, I have a 89 Z24 vert, some time last year the ac stopped working, it was still r12 so I changed it over to134, I changed everthing. I am having problem getting the clutch to kick in. I have search and read for many nights and I am stummped!
I traced the wires back to the relay behind the passanger shock tower. I bench tested the relay and it latched no problem.
I have 12 volts to the relay but no ground? The groung or trigger wire looks to go in the car. Dark green white stripe. I stripped some of this wire back and if i ground it with a alligator clip everthing works fine. I found a wire diagram for a 92 and the dark green with white stripe goes to the ECM. The reason i am not sure it is the ECM is the preasure switch behind the passanger headlight the one closest to the firewall. (there are two at that location) is hot the other is dead, the switch on the back of the compressor is hot. both go on and off with the ac switch in the dash. everything else is dead,nothing.does the ECM cut the ac on when a input wire from the switch in the dash is turned on, or is it another swich or? that tells the ECM to fire the relay?
Thanks in advance.
Lane

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search