2002 Sunfire Coupe wind noise? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 Sunfire Coupe wind noise?
Monday, March 31, 2014 1:16 AM
So i am new to this forum and have a 2002 Sunfire 2.2L SOHC, 5-spd, soupe.

I have noticed that at higher speeds.... 90km's+ i hear a lot of wind noise from the upper window seam... is there any way that i can fix this? or reduce the wind noise?

Also... WHen braking from 100-170km/h the steering wheel shudders... would this warped brake discs or is it like the ABS?

Re: 2002 Sunfire Coupe wind noise?
Monday, March 31, 2014 6:59 AM
Steve Stringer wrote:So i am new to this forum and have a 2002 Sunfire 2.2L SOHC, 5-spd, soupe.

I have noticed that at higher speeds.... 90km's+ i hear a lot of wind noise from the upper window seam... is there any way that i can fix this? or reduce the wind noise?

Also... WHen braking from 100-170km/h the steering wheel shudders... would this warped brake discs or is it like the ABS?

Warped rotors most likely.

As for the wind noise, welcome to the world of econobox GM cars :/
You could check to make sure the door is aligned properly. Sometimes the hinges go bad and cause the door to fall slightly out of alignment. Open the door and rock it up and down a little. If there's a lot of play, replace the hinges and take your time getting it aligned properly.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, April 03, 2014 4:10 AM
mine has the same issue for the wind noise and the hinges are the problem as previously stated. the bushings in them go bad, the door sags and doesnt seal properly. i've been trying to find some good used hinges, as i dont want to spent $200+ for two damn hinges....

Thursday, April 03, 2014 7:05 AM
Napa sells the bushings and pins in a kit.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search