Cluster Mess. Please help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cluster Mess. Please help
Tuesday, April 01, 2014 7:28 PM
Hi guys, I am having a nightmare with this cluster issue. i have a 1996 chevy cavalier 2.2L base model and I was driving it a few nights ago and the cluster lights just went out as did the hvac lights at the same time. Now only the night time light up lights are OUT on the cluster, all the warning lights like check oil, theft, just all the warning lights work. So its just the lights on the cluster that are supposed to come on when you turn the headlights on at night. I have been trying to figure it out for days now to no avail. All fuses are good, I checked them 5 times,, I have tried a different headlight switch, a different cluster, different dimmer switch and nothing changes them. i have checked all the bulbs for it too and they are all good. On the hvac bulbs, there are 2 wires, grey and yellow. When I turn the headlights on, none of the 2 wires has power. The dimmer switch is working as it dimmed my test light up and down. So I am at a loss here. Oh, and I tried a different BCM too and still nothing. Its a very strange problem. Care starts and runs perfect otherwise just no night lights. I have checked the wiring and wiggled the heck out of them and still nothing, no short that I can tell or anything. I just dont know what to do. The cluster fuse is getting power so does that mean that the ECM is ok cause its sending power to the fuse? I just dont know. All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search