Lower motor mount bracket? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lower motor mount bracket?
Thursday, April 03, 2014 11:34 PM
Hello. I have a 98,2.2L, auto, 4 door. My oil drain bolt had stripped. My local guy wanted $250 to drop the pan, weld the back and re install. I decided to replace the pan totally myself and save money. Here is where I think I may be In over my head.

The pan i switched out. My problem is the lower isolator motor mount. While trying to lower the bracket, to allow the oil pan to drop, I got a little overzeous. I actually pulled the mount off of the car. Now of course, I cannot get the mount to get between the engine and the bracket it bolts to.
I'm talking about where the front of the dog bone mount bolts to the bracket that covers the oil pan. By the pulleys.
How do I re install that bracket? Any help would be appreciated. What a fine mess I've gotten myself into!

Re: Lower motor mount bracket?
Saturday, April 19, 2014 1:22 AM
You can simply grab the bracket that is part of the power steering and use it so you can wiggle the motor back and fourth. Use a light plastic mallet as well. That dog is a a torque strut to stabilize the motor, so it will allow the motor to sway a lot if its not bolted down

Ohhhh cheeves
Re: Lower motor mount bracket?
Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:11 AM
It's too late now, but something like this would save you $250 next time.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/needa-parts-oil-drain-plug-oversize-5-8-inch-18-s.o.-head-size-7-8-inch-65210/5019931-P?searchTerm=oversize+drain+plug

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search