WSS - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WSS
Wednesday, April 02, 2014 12:35 PM
OK so i have a 2004 cav with abs and i just replaced the left wss and the harness and my lights are still on and the scanner is still staying it is not connected the scanner says left wheels speed sensor open or short. and all connections are good and no wires are cut need a little help

Re: WSS
Wednesday, April 02, 2014 7:13 PM
If you've replaced the sensor and still have the problem it's not the sensor. When you say harness what do you mean? You replaced the entire body harness? How did you check if there are no opens in the wiring? How do you know the connections are good?

Thursday, April 03, 2014 5:29 AM
i replaced the wss harness and the connections all cliped in good and were all connections the way they should.
Friday, April 04, 2014 8:07 PM
The sensors don't have a separate harness, they're tied into the main engine harness and route to the abs module.
Did you replace the whole engine harness, or did you cut/splice a new pigtail in?

Friday, April 04, 2014 9:32 PM
The connectors plugging in correctly doesn't mean there is electrical continuity. You need to actually use a meter to verify the circuits work and there are no breaks in the wiring.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search