Sifter problems - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sifter problems
Saturday, May 03, 2014 5:11 PM
Having shifter problems,
Car got stuck in 3rd gear earlier today, shifter just kind of swam around and did nothing. Now I have the console off and tried shifting it and 1st 3rd and 5th engage but 2nd 5th and reverse dont any ideas?

Re: Sifter problems
Sunday, May 04, 2014 12:39 AM
How old is the clutch? Odds are either the slave cylinder(doubt that) but a clutch probably.I am not 3rd gen savy but a wondering gear pattern means either bad slave,bad clutch or something internally with the transmission itself.Hope this gives some insight as to the next step.

Sunday, May 04, 2014 12:50 AM
forgot also the release bearing also know as the throw out.I doubt this is causing the isolated gear issue as it would be noisy in any gear and not shift in general worth a hoot.A quick way to check that is start the car put in neutral and listen for noise it will be really obvious and if you push the clutch in and the noise goes away that also points to a failing component.Tired and just forgot to list this in my post.

Sunday, May 04, 2014 9:51 AM
I dont believe it to be a clutch problem as there is no noise when the clutch pedal is depressed or in the engaged position. You can also release the clutch and feel it engage in 1st 3rd and 5th.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search