My ecotec overheats? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My ecotec overheats?
Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:43 PM
I have a 2003 Chevy cavalier and it is all of a sudden heating up to about 210 or 215 degrees when it idles and the fan kicks on and takes it back down to just under the 195 mark. I was wondering if this was normal or should I be worried? Never had an ecotec before only had the original 2.2 liter engine. Thanks for any and all help!

Re: My ecotec overheats?
Friday, May 16, 2014 7:40 AM
car stock? any mods? need a bit more info. my car does this too, but is supercharged. cools right down as soon as air starts moving again.

Monday, May 19, 2014 8:13 AM
nmods other than a cheaper K&N OEM replacement air filter. It is bone stock. Laid off and cant do any good mods yet lol
Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:24 PM
I had this Sam problem, check under the hood and make sure yorur AIT filter inst dirty and that if there's any kinks if the oxygens ways or if there's some buildup in it, check and see if everything if the right place and no kinks if the air coming through the engind

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,,,,,Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Friday, May 23, 2014 7:00 AM
It doesn't seem like your car is actually overheating but running hot at idle. I think it might be fine as long as the fan is actually kicking in and bringing the temp back down.

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Friday, May 23, 2014 7:00 PM
Completely normal. All 3 of my cavs always do that like on hot days sitting in traffic. The fans just kick on cuz the computer reads it heating up. They kick on at 212 degrees
Thursday, May 29, 2014 12:10 PM
thanks everybody just got worried like I always do for no reason and my air filter was a little dirty, now to post another question if I cant find the answer about why my trunk doesn't close tightly lol thanks again everyone.
Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:37 PM
Okay folks now she is getting up there when I'm driving on expressways at 55mph and above any ideas?!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search