2002 cavy 4 door rear corner window removal help?? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 cavy 4 door rear corner window removal help??
Monday, May 26, 2014 1:53 PM
How do i remove the corner window on the back doors of a 4 door cavalier ??? It's an 02

Re: 2002 cavy 4 door rear corner window removal help??
Monday, June 02, 2014 8:39 PM
Are you talking to get them down all the way? If so you must take the door panel off with the screws around it, and if you have crank windows goodluck lmao then you have to shimmy a rag behind the door crank and life it ap and forth and try to pip it off BC there's a clip and DONT LOSE THAT DAMN CLN FOR YIUR LFE them pop it off and peel the plastic off the inside if the door then you should srr and feel this big piece of stryofoan that's your child saftery lock, unscrew that I think there's a scree in it then you set any more questions feel free to inbox me!

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,,,,,Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Monday, June 02, 2014 8:49 PM
No I already did that. I'm replacing all my doors and i need to use the back corner window of the original door... So i need to know how to change them
Monday, June 02, 2014 9:01 PM
I'm not sure if I'm thinking about what you are but are you talking about the front doors that go inside there interior pieces right and they have a screw through them? If not explain what you mean because I have done the whole door hacks and all that, is it where if you don't have automatic side mirres that part?

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,,,,,Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Monday, June 02, 2014 9:07 PM

Small window at back corner of rear doors
Monday, June 02, 2014 9:46 PM
OHH I GOTCHA, BUT did you pop them windows out and for what? Those are sealed in just like the rest if the windows in the car you could either get hem resealed or get soneone to put a hinge on it to op and shut like the old fashionded doors

Monday, June 02, 2014 9:51 PM
I'm trying to find out how to take them out cause the one thats in the new door is cracked and the one in the old door is good. So what I'm saying is i want to take the window out or the old door and put it in the new door.. But how do i take it out
Monday, June 02, 2014 11:34 PM
I understand now.. Well your going to have to peel the weatherproofing and pop it out that way then re weatherproof it and seal the window back in

Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:15 AM
Hi Johnathan,

Please note that I have not done this, and this info is from the factory manual of an '05 cav.

Remove the inner door panel, remove the rear door water deflector, starting at the top, pulling downward.
Remove the outer seal strip (at the bottom edge of the window).
You need to detach the rear window from its regulator and lower it even more.
Remove the three bolts that secure the stationary window (top, mid, and bottom).
Roll forward the stationary window with its weather stripping (that is why you need to remove or lower the rear window), and then you can take it out.

Good luck, Peter
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search