Changed my thermostat, now my car overheats after 4 mins of driving? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Changed my thermostat, now my car overheats after 4 mins of driving?
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:22 AM
I just changed my thermostat yesterday, my problem was that if I sat idle in traffic my engine would start to over heat and the fan wouldn't turn on, now that ive changed out the thermostat It over heats in a matter of minutes of driving, any ideas or suggestions?
and my fan still wont turn on, I did fiddle with the fuse and it kicked on yesterday, but I don't see my car over heating within 4 minutes of driving be a fan problem. im not sure, any suggestions would be helpful!

Re: Changed my thermostat, now my car overheats after 4 mins of driving?
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:44 AM
Probably an air bubble trapped in the system somewhere
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:31 AM
I did open my overfill and let it run until the engine was at running temp, should I do this again?
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:03 PM
As long as you installed the thermostat correctly with the pin in the UP position I would just rebleed the cooling system.Leave the cap off for at least 20 minutes and placing some cardboard in front of the radiator to speed the heating process (I slip it between the metal and super close to the radiator) on my old first gen and heat on fan high speed.Air bubbles can remain in the system if you did not idle the car long enough and the cap off as this can take 15-30 minutes depending on outside temps and what the guage reads,hoses hot both lower and upper.Try that and then reaccess by a quick test drive for ten minutes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search