4 warning lights blinking on - abs, park, airbag, seatbelt - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
4 warning lights blinking on - abs, park, airbag, seatbelt
Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:26 PM
Hello, I have a 97 2.2l 5 spd sunfire. It's got about 330K on it, and it's been a good car to me (only real problem has been with the clutch throwout bearing, I hate changing that thing).

Anyways, this has just started but seemingly randomly, the warning lights will blink on for a short time, then go back out. It is the abs, airbag, park brake, and seatbelt warning lights. I am wondering if these sensors share a common circuit and maybe I have a loose wire or fuse? I tried searching but the warning light topics I found were about other lights, or only single lights. When they come on, everything else is still working good.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Re: 4 warning lights blinking on - abs, park, airbag, seatbelt
Wednesday, June 04, 2014 10:12 PM
Just some good checks would be remove your battery terminals and clean and follow the ground wire and remove and clean each contact point.Unless the problem is maybe the ignition (where the key goes) being worn and making shotty a connection idk with the 3rd gens.

Thursday, June 05, 2014 9:14 PM
Thanks I'll have a look
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:06 PM
It seems to actually be random warning lights, not specifically those 4 at once, I guess it was just what happened those times. Daytime running, park, seatbelt, abs, and air bag all blink randomly, the guages work fine thoughand the car runs good. All the wires I could see looked okay. I guess I will try and poke around some more, just not sure where.
Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:49 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I forgot to come back and respond... We found the ground wire to the motor was loose. Thanks a lot
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search