What is this part? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What is this part?
Saturday, June 07, 2014 2:48 PM
What is this part? It has been like this ever since I bought it and its never been an issue but I really would like to fix it but I don't know what this is or where to find it. Thanks!
Attachments
pic 1.jpg (1121k)

<<Theres something addicting about a car that forces you to keep on your toes with every corner.>>

Re: What is this part?
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:58 PM
It's a support bracket for the engine cradle to the front body. You can pick one up at any junk yard. Only two bolts hold it in.
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:07 PM
Or bend that thing flat and bolt it to the hole there right in front of it.
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:51 PM
One of my bolts in mine broke off when i installed my 03+ k frame i just left it out. Didnt notice any difference

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:29 AM
I took it off the other day and it really supports nothing at all. The fork on the end is so weak, a single hit with a hammer straightened it out. I guess its just there to be a scrub bar of some sorts and to soften the impact in a front end collision. The metal prongs are so weak tho that it wouldn't help much at all. GM must have had the same guy design that bar that designed the radio harness.

<<Theres something addicting about a car that forces you to keep on your toes with every corner.>>
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search