"Theft System" Light On, No Start (tries to turn over) - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
"Theft System" Light On, No Start (tries to turn over)
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:48 PM
Any thoughts on this? I've searched Google and I see things about leaving the key in ACC mode for 10mins.

Re: "Theft System" Light On, No Start (tries to turn over)
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:05 AM
This is exactly what you need to do it is called the relearn. Search for it here on the forums there is a good walk through.
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 7:19 AM
Austin Stilwell wrote:This is exactly what you need to do it is called the relearn. Search for it here on the forums there is a good walk through.

I just completed a 2-hour search on the thread and none of the stuff I see is useful. They are all discussing aftermarket alarm systems and other electrical issues. My vehicle is in great condition and it has no known electrical issues that I'm aware of. The PCM fell out yesterday during my drive home and I rewired it back up and now I'm getting the "Theft System" light without my Fuel Pump supplying fuel to start. I tried the "10min key trick" and nothing. I'm going to try leaving the key in the "Run" position until the lights goes off. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try disconnecting my battery for awhile.
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:52 AM
turn key to on position... leave there until the security light turns off. turn key back, then again... to on position and leave it there til light turns off. do this three times back to back and it should work. you may only need to do it one time though.... depends on the year of the car.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Re:
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:34 PM
I got my vehicle running. The Fuse under the hood in the fuse box for my PCM was blown from the wiring that snapped when my PCM fell from my vehicle yesterday. Here is where I stand now without anywhere to mount my PCM. Any thoughts?

Blown PCM Fuse

Fuse Box

Fuse Box Cover

Theft Light Off

Passenger Fender Removed

Removal

PCM

Removal 2

Broken PCM Mount/Box/Location

Re:
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:25 PM
I just realized that I am wasting time and I will just head up to Part's Galore (Local Michigan Pick-n-Pull Junkyard) and just buy another PCM box/mount from another Cavalier.
Vehicle Is Running, Project Complete
Friday, June 13, 2014 8:24 AM
Update: Vehicle Is Running, Project Complete

I used my Military Discount and was able to get everything for only $18.80!!! I was thinking it all would cost me about $50.

Donor Car

Donor Car 2

Donor Car 3

Donor Car Inner Fender Assembly

Donor Car Light Assembly

Donor Car PCM

Donor Car Custom Interior

Passenger Mud Flap

Donor Car PCM

PCM Mount/Box, Passenger Inner Fender Assembly & Mud Flap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search