rear driverside wheel is slanty? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rear driverside wheel is slanty?
Monday, June 16, 2014 12:07 AM
My cara a 02 and I was doing a tune up on my car today when I looked the back tire on it and its like this\ I was just wondering if anybody know where to start checking before I start going part for part till its fixes

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,,,,,Torque is how far you take the wall with you

Re: rear driverside wheel is slanty?
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:11 PM
I have a 97, both back tires look slanted.

I took it by Sears to get a wheel alignment, but they said everything was right. They said no alignment was necessary.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:47 AM
Never hurts to have an alignment done to be sure, just make sure they check the back. When they see that it's twist beam rear suspension they usually don't even check anything in the back. Never know, could have a bent axle or something.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:19 PM
bent axle in the rear??? where is that exactly?

Also how would you recommend aligning the rear? lol

Could be your wheel bearing, I have worked on a few cavs that have this issue...

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:32 PM
jason norwood wrote:bent axle in the rear??? where is that exactly?

Also how would you recommend aligning the rear? lol

Could be your wheel bearing, I have worked on a few cavs that have this issue...

As in the beam is bent, that happens too. Wheel bearing is equally possible but I'd think it would make some noise at least. I don't mean actually aligning the rear I mean hook up the tools and make sure it's straight. If it's not it's likely one of the two options just discussed.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 1:32 PM
oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok. lol

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:07 PM
You can align the rear axle. They make shims that go between the axle and the wheel bearing. A lot of cars have these and people forget to put them back on or throw them out because they didn't know what they were for.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:59 AM
are the tires Asian?

Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:20 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:You can align the rear axle. They make shims that go between the axle and the wheel bearing. A lot of cars have these and people forget to put them back on or throw them out because they didn't know what they were for.

Yes, when I took it by Sears Auto they were going to align all 4 wheels. It's the only alignment they do.
But after hooking it up, all settings came out "green", they said the car was already in perfect alignment, and there was no charge.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search