AirBag light on after ABS connector replacement - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AirBag light on after ABS connector replacement
Monday, June 23, 2014 9:33 AM
Bare with me please.The back story may lead to a clue.

Over the winter,my ABS light came on.I put off making repairs.Recently I made repairs.The driver side front ABS sensor connector wiring got snagged on something and ripped off the connector.I replaced the connector with a new one and that made everything right with the ABS,but my Airb ag light came on when I first started the car, after making the repairs.Now the Airbag light comes on and goes off at various times when I start the car.Over winter,while the ABS was out,I T boned a girl that turned in front of me, at low speed.My Airbags didn't blow and I didn't get an Airbag light after the wreck.I didn't get the Airbag light until after I repaired the ABS sensor connector.

1) Is the ABS system tied into the Airbag system?

2)Would the ABS being out cause the Airbag system to not work?

3)Should I try replacing the sensor in the front end for the Airbag system?

1998 Cavalier sedan base 2200 3 speed auto

Re: AirBag light on after ABS connector replacement
Monday, June 23, 2014 12:11 PM
Need to what code the air bag has , you can't fix it if you don;t know the code .
Re: AirBag light on after ABS connector replacement
Monday, June 23, 2014 1:03 PM
My local shop used their commercial Snap On tablet style scan tool to scan for codes,nothing came up with my ABS before I repaired it and nothing came up with the Airbag system since the light came on.It's costing me $65 per scan.I can't do it again.All I got available to me is a local Assvanced Auto for any future scans.

1998 Cavalier sedan base 2200 3 speed auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search