Sunfire radiator fan won't come on??? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunfire radiator fan won't come on???
Sunday, June 29, 2014 9:44 PM
So I recently (Month ago) noticed that my 98 Sunfire was running pretty warm. I checked the oil and it was clear of coolant. Then my friend noticed that the radiator fan was not running at all. I tried turning on the A/C (condition of A/C is unknown) but it still would not come on. So then I replaced the fan motor thinking it was dead. That still didn't work. So then I got multi-meter and checked the voltage coming from the fan cable. I got no reading. The in-car fuse and the fuse in the engine bay fuse box were still good. Just the other day, I got a can of A/C recharge to see if my A/C just needed some juice. I got it filled up and had the pressures up. I then noticed that my fan was running! It didn't last long though. So here is what I have found out:

-The A/C must have a huge leak (only holds pressure for an hour)
-Fuses in the fuse boxes are good
-No power from cable (car running warm)

So I am wondering, Isn't there another fuse that is by the radiator that can go out too? My dad told me his radiator fans in his Town and Country wouldn't come on and they replaced a fuse/relay that was by the radiator fan. Anybody know what is going on???

Car:

1998 Sunfire Coupe SE
2.2L
5 Speed Manual

Re: Sunfire radiator fan won't come on???
Tuesday, July 01, 2014 7:54 PM
Did you check the fan relay? Even if the fuse is good, it still won't come on if the relay is bad.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search