01 z24 shifting issue - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
01 z24 shifting issue
Thursday, July 03, 2014 1:53 PM
This is my second 01 z24 auto. I did a partial trans flush, ie drop the pan and drain then refill, on my first 01 and 2 weeks later started having a problem where when I turned left, the car would rev to redline if I kept my foot on the gas but would not upshift until I straightened the wheel. I returned it to the shop, and the fluid was about a quart low. It was explained to me that this is common with flushes as the new fluid fills cracks, you sometimes need to add more fluid. It never went low again and never shifted funny again.

Now I have this z24. It's in some rough shape but the transmission issue is new. This time I'm sure it is not low on fluid. There was no flush that occurred beforehand. But when I turn the wheel to the left, the car will not shift until I have straightened the wheel again. I have tried all RPM levels, tried taking my foot off the "force shift" it, everything. This only occurs when I turn left. any ideas?

Re: 01 z24 shifting issue
Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:57 PM
Sounds like the transmission is low on fluid, and I know you said you think its okay, but it has to be the issue. The fluid lubricates the transmission, valve bodies in your transmission shift to direct fluid in different directions to manipulate components which compresses clutch packs for certain gears to engage.... check your fluid on a level lift.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search