Seafoam, Yay or Nay? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Seafoam, Yay or Nay?
Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:33 PM
What do you think? I'm down to a few gallons left in the tank so I'm at the right time to do it. Has anyone used it on here? I know a lot of subaru guys swear by he stuff. I dont really have any reason to do it but i figured it can't hurt to clean stuff out in there right? Or is this more of a if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of situation?

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.

Re: Seafoam, Yay or Nay?
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:53 PM
Depending on mileage your asking for trouble
Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:43 PM
If the car is running fine, let it be.

If the car is broken, fix it properly.

Ive used Sea foam on parts in a container to get them clean after soaking though.

Chemicals aren't going to remedy an issue to the point where whatever is broken or in need of replacing won't have to be addressed anyhow.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:46 PM
Yeah I decided not to mess with it.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:28 PM
Personally on the sunfire and vette its part of my spring maintenance. 1/4 bottle in the crank case, let it run for 1 minute before draining. 1/4 bottle pre throttle body. And 1/2 bottle in the gas tank on each. Keeps everything clean in my opinion. I know some guys that put a little in the crank case with new oil as an additive. Thats crazy in my opinion but it isnt going to hurt anything for a 1 time use
Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:13 PM
I might eventually try that. Do you put the Seafoam in the oil right before you're about to change it? What do you mean by pre throttle body? Is there a certain way to do that?

Sunday, August 03, 2014 6:41 AM
If you read the back of the bottle basically you put 6oz of seam foam with 5 qt of oil. I just Tryed this in my car, it's been eating oil and has help me out so far. Only been a couple weeks but no more burning oil and feels a but stronger in power.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search