This is my car, i need Experts help. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
This is my car, i need Experts help.
Monday, July 14, 2014 3:14 PM
Well, i wont lie, im not an expert about engines, but i know when there is something wrong, and i know that my engine need a clean up.... It's my first car ever, i brought it the same day i recived my driver's lisence

First, this is my Cyberpunked baby when it's spraycan Plastic Dip glint because of the Armor All i put on it. I dont even need water to wash this Old Tank.

Now Let's talk about the Repair and Maintenance thing.

This is my valve cover, with it's gasket going reaal bad. It's like that since i brought the car, 24 October 2013, for 400$. i made 21000 Kilometers with it, and i will kepp the car till it explode baby

This baby recived real bad treatment, from it's 2 last owners.. It's been crashed and It's been rebuilt i am bretty sure. im the 3RD owner, and i want this car to have good / better days. Well, i want it to be clean.

Driver side was where the crash happend. Lots of my car friends said that it got hit real bad..

About the J-Body itself, it's pretty clean and i saw that the rockers are clean and not original, my guess is that rockers have been rebuilt too, light surface rust started to come out this last winter, im going to put anti-rust under the car, only under.

and finally, the breaking news, HardLine leaking gasoline -_-

Im not putting alot of money on it, because this is my Beater Tank. My second car will be a Z24. clean as @!#$.

But tell me what are the best valve cover gasket on the market, and can i clean the valves ? im pretty sure there is giscusting oil depot into the head..

Any one knows? i fix my car myself, but i need tips on what After Market parts are the best?

Re: This is my car, i need Experts help.
Monday, August 04, 2014 5:06 PM
I would get a nice tune up with synthetic oil change as my 2004 2.2 auto cavy still runs great with 260,000 km on it! I baby my car like its the last one on earth , just ask my wife and daughter who have the patience and understanding to watch me blow all my extra cash on it for I am a tuning freak and modding junky.
Anyway , congrats on you 1st car ,mine was a 1979 Monte Carlo that I scrapped trying to fishtail it on a curvy country gravel road and ended up doing a 180 in the ditch and landed in the back seat cause we didnt wear seat belts back then .Man I was lucky noone was coming in the opposite direction cause I would have taken them out 4 sure!

Just have your car checked out by a reputable mechanic / garage and lose the Japanese license plate and you should b fine... My final advice to you would be to get a cavy with the 2.2 ecotec 04 or 05 and avoid the 2.4 engine as these are more prone to problems down the line ask any real mechanic and they will tell you.

BLACKMANTIS
Re: This is my car, i need Experts help.
Tuesday, August 05, 2014 8:42 AM
It's never a bad idea to run some SeaFoam in the oil before you do a change, it will help clean out some gunk. You can also induce it through your vacuum to clean any deposits from where air flows.

When I had my old 2.2 I had a pretty severe leak from my valve cover, I used whatever gasket they had at Autozone and that worked just fine and was still holding last time I talked to it's current owner.That was done 5+ years ago.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search