97/98 pontiac sunfire anti-theft problems - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97/98 pontiac sunfire anti-theft problems
Friday, August 15, 2014 5:37 PM
So my ball joint fell apart while I was going to work one morning and the wheel about came off. I had it towed home fixed the ball joint and went to start it and it would start run for a few seconds then die. A friend came out and used his diagnostics computer and it was saying the anti theft was stoping the ingnition or somthing like that. So I tried the turn the ingnition on for 10 or 15 minutes multiple time with no success. So then I took the battery to napa and they ssid the battery was bad so I bought a new one came home put the new battery in and and tried the reset again it would still start but die imedatly so I took it to the local gm dealer to have them reset it with the dealer codes. When I got down there it wouldn't even turn over. They rest the anti theft but said it didn't work it would be about 300 to get the pcm replaced. Any advice would be great I am pretty sure I could replace the pcm but how cani tell forsure it is the problem because it isn't cheap and I really dought they will let me return it.

Thanks, michael

Re: 97/98 pontiac sunfire anti-theft problems
Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:02 AM
If I'm not mistaken you have to put your key in ignition into accessory mode and keep your door open for 10 mins. I had this problem once and that worked for me
Re: 97/98 pontiac sunfire anti-theft problems
Saturday, August 16, 2014 12:07 PM
SELL THAT POS AND GET YOURSELF A NICE 03 TO 05 CAV OR SUNFIRE WITH THE 2.2 ECOTEC !

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search