BUMPER STOPS - TO CUT OR NOT TO CUT - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BUMPER STOPS - TO CUT OR NOT TO CUT
Saturday, August 16, 2014 9:29 AM
After installing my KYB AGX struts ,I read somewhere that I should have cut the first section of rubber off for more clearance and travel.
Also I noticed that my fronts sit a bit higher then my rears , is this normal or should I go ahead and hack away at the rubber bumpstops? Maybe I`ll do just the fronts and leave the rears alone.Ive got about 8000km on them by now since this spring.

BLACKMANTIS

Re: BUMPER STOPS - TO CUT OR NOT TO CUT
Saturday, August 16, 2014 9:33 AM
BTW Ėm lowered on new Eibach Prokits!

BLACKMANTIS
Saturday, August 16, 2014 10:00 AM
I MEANT BUMP STOPS -WOOOPSY!

BLACKMANTIS
Saturday, August 16, 2014 10:21 AM
Lowered on Sportlines and AGXs. I cut one ribbed section off the bump stops. Never had any problems.
Saturday, August 16, 2014 11:31 AM
Andrew Cramer wrote:Lowered on Sportlines and AGXs. I cut one ribbed section off the bump stops. Never had any problems.

OK ANDREW ,BUT BEFORE YOU CUT THEM DID YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH RIDE QUALITY OR UNEVENESS OF STANCE?

THANX...

BLACKMANTIS
Saturday, August 16, 2014 11:36 AM
WOOOAH , NOW HOLD ON THERE ANDREW, ONE OF YOUR DREAM CARS IS A HONDA CIVIC SI HATCH ! SERIOUSLY?
I WOULDA WENT FOR AN 1990S MODEL ACURA NSX AT LEAST! ITS A DREEEEAM...

BLACKMANTIS
Saturday, August 16, 2014 5:31 PM
Did I have any problems with ride quality or unevenness? The ride quality was @!#$ before but I was also riding on blown stock struts and lowering springs from the previous owner. Stance? No, you should be no where near them anyway.

Yea man, I drove a 1990 Honda Civic Hatch and a friend of mine drove a 1990 Acura Integra back in my high schoolish days. I've seen some nice EG Civics from where I am from, and I always wanted to purchase one, but they go for ridiculous around me. ($3000-$5000). I cannot wait to build one. Also, there is a supercharger that bolts right on to that D16 motor, so that is what I would do.
Sunday, August 17, 2014 6:31 AM
Andrew Cramer wrote:Did I have any problems with ride quality or unevenness? The ride quality was @!#$ before but I was also riding on blown stock struts and lowering springs from the previous owner. Stance? No, you should be no where near them anyway.

Yea man, I drove a 1990 Honda Civic Hatch and a friend of mine drove a 1990 Acura Integra back in my high schoolish days. I've seen some nice EG Civics from where I am from, and I always wanted to purchase one, but they go for ridiculous around me. ($3000-$5000). I cannot wait to build one. Also, there is a supercharger that bolts right on to that D16 motor, so that is what I would do.

Cool!
Well, I answered my own question this morning when I cut the first section off of my front left srtut bump stop .I had to cut open the strut boot to get at it and then glue it back together when Iwas done ,then reinstalled the damn strut only to realize that after an hour and a haif of work I still had the same fender gap up front as before! Oh well, live and learn.

BLACKMANTIS
Sunday, August 17, 2014 6:50 AM
It'll settle down a little after driving it some. Cutting 1 rib off the bump stops was the right call btw.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 17, 2014 2:20 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:It'll settle down a little after driving it some. Cutting 1 rib off the bump stops was the right call btw.

Yeah thanx Yellow!" Now all I have to do is cut the one on the left side....un autre fois !

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search