Questions on manual transmission problems, and other issues - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions on manual transmission problems, and other issues
Monday, August 18, 2014 5:54 PM
So where to begin. Well i guess i should tell you the history of this car. I bought it of good old Craigslist about a year ago. I realised it had a few issues then, but i really didn't have a clue to the severity. When i use reverse, it has probably a 25% chance of somethung that resembles the shift linkage being broken. Reverse acts like second gear, and so does neutral. all other gears are lost, ie being inaccessible. Well i took it to the yocal local mechanic, linkage repair job. It never fixed the problem. Niw its been like 10 times i had to go back to repair the same damn thing. Repair is free of course, but its still very annoying driving 25 miles in second to leave it there for a few days. Now the previous owner mentioned that he had it narrowed down to the motor mounts. He wasn't positive on which one it was. Now does that sound like a motor mount issue? or a new tranny. And..to complicate thungs..i don't know what transmission i have. the car is 98, so it would ofcourse be the Isuzu. But he had the transmission replaced about 2 years ago. he didn't have the papers from the shop. he said it was replaced with the getrag. now i already had the slave cylinder blow out. If he did replace it with the getrag, is it feasible that he never replaced clutch, cylinder flywheel etc? I noticed after my new slave cylinder, it eats clutch fluid.. going out again? And one more thing. The car lights flicker, indicating a bad alternator. Voltage readings are good though. Do you think it could be belt+tensioner? Or maybe a bad pully? i did the belt and pully test with a spray bottle of water..no difference. it idles super rough, like it wants to die. it never has once on me, but i can't help being paranoid. Where should i start with that also? thanks for taking the time to read this..very lengthy haha

Re: Questions on manual transmission problems, and other issues
Tuesday, August 19, 2014 5:47 PM
Can anyone help me????
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search