Subframe rusted bad, how much to replace? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Subframe rusted bad, how much to replace?
Monday, September 08, 2014 10:45 PM
Well my 2004 sunfire is at that point were a lot of maintenance is needed and I don't know weather to get it done or scrap the car. The biggest issue is the subframe, it has holes in it and needs to be replaced. I got an oil change at Canadian Tire and they pointed it out to me. They said that could be about a $1500 job. Anybody have an idea on what this should really cost to have done at an auto shop? Some other things going on my car is the clutch fluid is slowly leaking, and the control arms might also need to go. Heck maybe the rear subframe also. Now if I repaired all that and kept it clean underneath, do you think I'd get a few more good years out of my car? It has 142,000km on it.

Re: Subframe rusted bad, how much to replace?
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:00 PM
just get another one fromm the yard, might take you an afternoon the change it out, net really a big deal. Get a friend, basic socket set, and a ball joint seperator. Now if the bolt break off in the frame then it just changed to a massive job, been there done that. nothing a sawzall with a 10 blade couldnt fix.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search