Pull noise and strut problems? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pull noise and strut problems?
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:36 PM
Good evening everyone!

I have had a problem with my 03 cavy for a while now. I got a water pumped installed by a shop about a year ago, and after that I have a whine when I accelerate. Its coming from the pully side of the engine bay, and it is so annoying. I figure it could be a couple things : the alternator, water pump bearings, or the pully tensioner. Another thing I have just noticed is the front passenger side strut (or I think so) click every time I hit a speed bump. It happened on occasion, but it has been becoming more noticeable. The driver side does not do this. Could it be topping out? time to go get a new set? I havent crawled underneath her yet but I also think it might be brushing for the sway bar....maybe when I hit the bump the worn brushing allow for the bolt or something to slide and hit the mount?

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks guys!

Re: Pull noise and strut problems?
Saturday, September 20, 2014 10:53 PM
One of the pulleys are going bad, bearings starting to go. That click noise could be a bad sway bar bushing, broken end link, or maybe a strut. Strut would make a loud bang noise if it was bad from bottoming out.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search