No Air Movement, Yet Blower Motor Works - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No Air Movement, Yet Blower Motor Works
Thursday, October 09, 2014 3:28 PM
I've got a 2000 Sunfire GT. A few months ago I had to replace the blower motor resistor, and that appeared to cure the problem. However, there hasn't been any air movement out of any of the vents. The original blower motor wasn't working all the time, so I replaced that too. The new blower motor runs correctly, and reacts to the OFF position on the air vent selector and it also reacts to the changes of the fan speed. When I put the blower motor in, it doesn't produce any air out of ANY vents at any speed.

With the fan on, I can feel some air movement from under the dash/center console, but again, nothing comes out of the vents.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Re: No Air Movement, Yet Blower Motor Works
Thursday, October 09, 2014 9:39 PM
Ok I am not 3rd gen knowledgeable to all degrees.But I know if you do not hook up the wiring back correctly the fan wheel will spin the the wrong direction and cause the NO air flow.I learned this first hand on my mazda truck as the wiring has separate plugs and did just this no air coming from vents due to hooked up the 4 wire terminals backwards and swapped back and air flowed all day fine.Unless your vent selector has a issue or the cables that open close the selection are blocking the air flow.Idk how the new cavs are on this with the plugs or electrical terminals to power the fan motor.Just a thought

Re: No Air Movement, Yet Blower Motor Works
Friday, October 17, 2014 10:35 AM
I will double check, but the wiring to the blower motor has a socket with a clip on one side that it has to snap into.

Also, I get some air movement near the center console, but I don't know what direction it is going. If that's an cabin air intake, I'm not sure.

Lastly, even on the temperature setting of warm or hot, the small air movement near the feet in the center console is not warm.

Anything else I should check? Would the thermostat be causing an air movement issue?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search